Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Stupid Christian Woman Dresses Up In a Portable Concentration Camp For Lent, Wearing Hijab For 40 Days


What a dumb fucking bitch:
A blonde, blue-eyed Christian mum-of-two has decided to wear a Muslim hijab every time she goes out of the house during Lent to remind herself what it is like to be “other”. 
Jessey Eagan, children’s director for Imago Dei Church in Peoria, Illinois, said that in the US she was part of the majority as a white, middle class woman. “I want to remind myself what it feels like to be an outsider – ‘the other’… So, I’m practising hospitality this Lent by getting into the shoes (or hijab) of my Muslim friends and neighbours. 
“I feel this is especially important now as there is increasing animosity once again from (white) Americans towards Muslims in our communities, which honestly makes me nervous about the idea.” A Muslim friend offered her a choice of headscarves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I arrived in the US I was told not to be fooled by blond hair and blue eyes. They do not mean much if the cavity they adorn is empty ...

Pastorius said...

Yes.

The operating ideas inside the person's head are what count.